A Freedom of Thought Webinar
Monday, November 6, 2023
1:00 PM EST
- James M. Burnham, President, Vallecito Capital, LLC
- Ashley Keller, Partner, Keller Postman
- Mark Behrens, Co-Chair, Public Policy Group at Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Brandon Smith, Chief of Staff, Office of the Tennessee Attorney General
- Moderator: Andrew Ferguson, Solicitor General of Virginia
For decades, the plaintiffs’ bar has been populated by liberal lawyers who support left-wing elected officials and liberal causes, while conservative lawyers have largely joined the ranks of defense-side firms. In recent years, large public companies have become increasingly associated with political liberalism, and promoted contentious social issues that many conservatives reject – with biglaw defending them throughout.
Given this shift in corporate behavior and business culture, it is reasonable to ask–why haven’t more conservatives joined the plaintiffs’ bar that seeks to hold large companies accountable? Is our culture shifting in a fundamental way that will realign the legal profession? Or will the tension between supporting big business and believing in conservative views soon pass?
Join us for a discussion that reflects the diversity of perspectives within the right.